In 2020, CWEE revised every aspect of our program operations to meet the skyrocketing need for career training, digital literacy and computer access, and employment services.
The changes have resulted in many new faces joining our ranks, 15 new team members to be exact! The energy, commitment and talent that these individuals bring is immeasurable, and we are so grateful to have them as part of our team.
In November, we were delighted to welcome three new talented pros to CWEE’s staff team:
- Maria Silva Cano, Employment Services Specialist
- Kylie Fredrickson, Career Advisor Lead
- Shelly Wilbanks, Program Coordinator
Maria Silva Cano, Employment Services Specialist
Maria most recently worked as a Teacher and Mentor at Colorado Uplift, a nonprofit youth services organization serving families in Denver and Aurora Public Schools. Maria’s professional experience has focused on serving diverse and often low-income communities. Maria is passionate and skilled in helping people develop their strengths to achieve goals. Maria’s experience and skills are of great value in her work with CWEE participants on their path to employment.
Kylie Fredrickson, Career Advisor Lead
Kylie most recently worked as the Director of Youth Engagement in Indiana where she led and directed a statewide leadership board for older foster youth. Kylie brings a strong coaching orientation to her work, as well as skills in cultivating strategic partnerships and relationships with community partners. Prior to moving to Indiana, Kylie worked at WorkLife Partnership, a CWEE partner organization in Denver, as a Navigator. WorkLife supports employers and workers by helping workers to overcome challenges and advance their careers.
Shelly Wilbanks, Program Coordinator
Shelly brings a professional background in technical writing, information technology and over a decade of experience advocating for survivors of domestic violence and child abuse as a Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA). She relocated to Denver from Dallas, looking to join a team dedicated to serving families. Shelly’s varied skills and experience are highly valued as a member of CWEE’s Operations Team.
In case you missed news about our other 2020 hires, check out this post featuring:
- Ashley Blue, Employment Services Specialist
- Suzy Broz, Career Advisor Lead
- Savanna Depew, TANF Specialist
- Mikki Galiz, Career Advisor
- Hannah Hines, Development Associate
- Andrea Jung, TANF Specialist
- Nakato Nteza, Career Advisor
- Annie Rowland-Peterson, Career Advisor
- Scott Brackney, TANF Specialist
- Mike Christner, Career Advisor Lead
- Diane Elio, TANF Specialist
- Michelle Tenorio, Career Advisor Lead