Welcome to CWEE’s weekly update for program participants for the week of October 4, 2021.
Find a detailed list of community resources in our Career Seeker portal.
Child Tax Credit Information Session Recording
- Please find the recording from the Child Tax Credit information session that was presented by our partners at the Office of Financial Empowerment and Protection here: https://bit.ly/2Yf0GJF
- If you have tax related questions contact the Denver Asset Building Coalition or click here: https://bit.ly/3A4KVSU
- If you’d like to meet with a Personal Finance Coach, ask your TANF Specialist about a referral to the Office of Financial Empowerment & Protection
Colorado Emergency Rental Assistance Program
- Tenants who have been unable to pay rent due to financial hardship caused by COVID-19 may be eligible for rental assistance from their county or the State. The Colorado Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) can help cover rent as far back as April 2020. Help can include past due, current, and two additional months of rent up to a maximum of 15 months of assistance.
- Apply or get questions answered here: https://bit.ly/3tUmW7z or call or text 1-888-480-0066 on weekdays between 8:30a to 5:30p, or Saturdays between 8:30a to 12:30p
- Need help with the application? Call 2-1-1 and make an appointment with United Way.
- These organizations are offering legal assistance for free:
Colorado Opportunity Scholarship Initiative
- Do you have some college, but did not graduate or obtain your credential? Are you thinking of re-enrolling to finish your degree? Join the Finish What You Started program designed to provide you with support services to obtain college credentials or degrees.
- The program combines financial support with additional services such as career planning and student coaching, connection to community and public resources (e.g., transportation assistance, childcare centers, legal aid services, housing support, etc.) and career connections.
- For more information on eligibility and how to apply click here: https://bit.ly/3lJXei9
COVID-19 Rapid At-Home Testing Program
- Colorado is distributing free rapid COVID-19 over the counter self tests directly to people’s homes
- See results in 15 minutes
- This program is specifically designed to provide parents, guardians, and caregives some peace of mind by making it easy to test their children and help keep schools open
- For more details on the program cick here: https://bit.ly/3igSuzT
Need More Support?
- You can always contact your Career Advisor.
- For resources for food, rent assistance, clothing, and more click here.
- You can also call 2-1-1 at any time to talk to someone who can connect you to more resources.
Check out the upcoming events hosted by CWEE in the coming weeks!
Save the Dates for CWEE’s Employer Meet & Greets
- Come meet CWEE’s employer partners and learn about their companies and open positions during our virtual Meet & Greet events!
- These events are open to all CWEE participants
- Upcoming Meet & Greets:
Share your thoughts and receive a $50 stipend in a Nourish Colorado SNAP Listening Sessions
- Nourish Colorado is hosting listening sessions about SNAP and want participation from current and former SNAP recipient
- Listening sessions (pick one only) will be held
- Listening session #1 – Western Slope residents ONLY: Saturday 10/2, 9 am – 10:30
- Listening session #2 – Tuesday, 10/5, 10:00-11:30 am
- Listening session #3 – Wednesday, 10/6, 6:00-7:30 pm
- Listening session #4 – Saturday 10/16, 9:00 – 10:30 am
- If you are a current or recent SNAP participant and would like to join an upcoming listening session, please fill out this form as soon as possible!
Congratulations are in order!! CWEE is excited to celebrate our CWEE Career Basics Completers!
- Jameela Shareef
- Brenda Richard
- Charles Braxton Howard
- Monae Evans
- Gwana Tarver
Way to go!!
CWEE Contact Information
Click here for a full list of contacts at CWEE, phone numbers, and email addresses.