Welcome to CWEE’s weekly update for program participants for the week of May 10, 2021.
Congratulations are in order! CWEE is excited to celebrate our Career Basics Completers!
- Nikki Lewis
- Neyla Acosta
- Firice Cavitt
- Mariah Navarrette
Find a detailed list of community resources in our Career Seeker portal.
Schedule Change: Food Bank of the Rockies Mobile Food Pantry in May
- Anyone in need of free, healthy food is welcome at the Food Bank of the Rockies mobile pantries!
- Monday, May 17 find us at Lot A of Empower Field starting at 9 am until food runs out
- Friday, May 21 find us at Denver Human Services East Office (3815 Steele St.) starting at 9 until food runs out
- Don’t have an account with Food Bank of the Rockies? Click here to sign up!
- Questions? Reach out to Food Bank of the Rockies at 303-371-9250. More information about all FBR food pantries click here.
Free Home Delivery of Meals for Kids
- The Colorado Food Cluster offers families free home delivery of meals for youth ages 6-18 in the Denver Metro area (within 20 miles of downtown).
- Each student (including multiple children per household) will receive a weekly delivery of 7 dinners and 14 snacks, including fruit and milk, until June 30, 2021.
- To sign up (English or Spanish) click here.
- There are also job opportunities for delivery and warehousing for folks looking for employment with flexible scheduling. Call or text their support line 720-699-9978 or email email@example.com
The DPS SchoolChoice process for next year is open!
- Have questions about picking a school for your child? Rocky Mountain Prep can help! Complete this short form and a member of their team will be in touch: https://secure.everyaction.com/IeZIHuP8uEaq-ppN4YDg6g2
Emergency Assistance Grant for Denver Restaurant & Hotel Employees
For Denver residents who:
- Are currently or were previously employed in a Colorado restaurant or hotel for at least 90 days
- Are currently unemployed or underemployed due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Have experienced negative economic impacts due to being diagnosed with COVID-19
Vaccines for CWEE Career Seekers!
CWEE has access to vaccine appointments at Ball Arena (formerly Pepsi Center) and MLK, Jr. Recreation Center. If you are interested in scheduling an appointment, please contact your TANF Specialist to get registered. Additional COVID-19 vaccine info:
Have an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)? You May Qualify for a Bigger Tax Refund!
- A new Colorado law passed last year means people who file taxes using an ITIN may be eligible for the state Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
- Follow these steps so you don’t leave any money on the table when you file your taxes
- Make sure your ITIN is up to date. For more info click here to visit the IRS website
- Collect all of your tax documents. Check out Tax Help Colorado for list.
- Ask your tax preparer if you are eligible for the EITC. For free tax help click here.
- If you qualify, you’ll receive either a larger refund or, if you owe taxes, a reduction in the amount you owe
Free Tax Prep
- You could qualify for free tax preparation services through Tax Help Colorado. Click here to learn more.
- Tax Help Colorado offers free tax assistance to those earning less than about $57,000 per year. This is the first year Tax Help Colorado is completely remote.
- Are you or is someone you know experiencing homelessness? Click here to learn about how to can claim your stimulus check.
Save Time with the Colorado Peak App
Have you experienced long wait times when calling the county? Download the app to complete redetermination, view EBT balance, update contact information, submit paystubs, and more!
Free Financial Coaching
Interested in learning about and improving your credit score, getting out of debt, building a budget or saving for a car or a home? If so, ask your TANF Specialist about a referral to the Office of Financial Empowerment & Protection (OFEP).
Are you stuck in a high-interest payday loan?
Denver’s Office of Financial Empowerment and Protection (OFEP) provides access to small personal grants to move you from predatory loans to full banking services.
The “Financial Empowerment with Personal Access to Capital” program will provide grants of up to $1,500 to be used for paying off high interest predatory loans. Participates will be required to attend three financial coaching sessions to review budgets, increase savings, increase credit score and decrease debt.
Ask your TANF Specialist for more information!
Counseling Services Available
Anna Tekippe CWEE’s mental health clinician, can provide direct support or connect you with community resources.
- Call Anna at 303-489-0071 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To speak with a counselor immediately at any time, call Colorado Crisis Services at 1-844-493-8255.
CWEE Is Accepting Referrals
Do you know someone who lives in Denver County that could benefit from CWEE’s employment training program? We want to hear from you!
- Participants do not need to be receiving TANF to enroll in our program
- Please share this link from CWEE’s website with your family and friends interested in skill building, education and employment
- People can also contact Joe at email@example.com or 303.892.8444 x 334.
Amazon Prime for $5.99
- If you have an EBT or Medicaid card you could qualify for this discounted service.
- Click here to register.
Need More Support?
- You can always contact your Career Advisor.
- For resources for food, rent assistance, clothing, and more click here.
- You can also call 2-1-1 at any time to talk to someone who can connect you to more resources.
CWEE Contact Information
Click here for a full list of contacts at CWEE, phone numbers, and email addresses.
Comcast Offering Free Online Courses
Comcast is offering free online courses related to internet basics, online safety, children’s programming, coding, language, graphic design, and more!
Community Event – Free Tacos!
- Rocky Mountain Prep is hosting a free community event at Barnum Park on May 15 from 1:00-2:00. Families can meet the principal and enjoy tacos! Click here for more details.
Give While You Shop
King Soopers and Amazon both donate money to nonprofits, like CWEE, by contributing a portion of their customer’s purchases. All you need to do is register your account and identify CWEE as the nonprofit you want to receive these funds and continue with your regular shopping.
- Go to kingsoopers.com/communityrewards
- Create an online account with your rewards card information
- Link us, Center for Work Education and Employment, as the charity you are supporting – or find us using our unique code: IM369
- Continue to shop at King Soopers with your rewards card, and a portion of your transactions will come to CWEE!
Amazon (Amazon Smile)