Welcome to CWEE’s weekly update for program participants for the week of April 12, 2021.
You can find a detailed list of community resources in our Career Seeker portal.
Emergency Assistance Grant for Denver Restaurant & Hotel Employees
For Denver residents who:
- Are currently or were previously employed in a Colorado restaurant or hotel for at least 90 days
- Are currently unemployed or underemployed due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Have experienced negative economic impacts due to being diagnosed with COVID-19
Vaccines Available for CWEE Career Seekers!
CWEE has access to vaccine appointments at Ball Arena (formerly Pepsi Center) and MLK, Jr. Recreation Center. If you are interested in scheduling an appointment, please contact your TANF Specialist to get registered. Additional COVID-19 vaccine info:
Need Help Paying a Past Due Gas/Electric/Energy Bill?
- Energy Outreach Colorado has funds of up to $1,000 per household available to help you pay past-due gas, energy, and/or electric bills.
- These funds are only available until April, so do not wait!
- Contact your Career Advisor TODAY to get connected with Energy Outreach Colorado!
Free Tax Prep
- You could qualify for free tax preparation services through Tax Help Colorado. Click here to learn more.
- Tax Help Colorado offers free tax assistance to those earning less than about $57,000 per year. This is the first year Tax Help Colorado is completely remote.
- Are you or is someone you know experiencing homelessness? Click here to learn about how to can claim your stimulus check.
Save Time with the Colorado Peak App
Have you experienced long wait times when calling the county? Download the app to complete redetermination, view EBT balance, update contact information, submit paystubs, and more!
Free Financial Coaching
Interested in learning about and improving your credit score, getting out of debt, building a budget or saving for a car or a home? If so, ask your TANF Specialist about a referral to the Office of Financial Empowerment & Protection (OFEP).
Are you stuck in a high-interest payday loan?
Denver’s Office of Financial Empowerment and Protection (OFEP) provides access to small personal grants to move you from predatory loans to full banking services.
The “Financial Empowerment with Personal Access to Capital” program will provide grants of up to $1,500 to be used for paying off high interest predatory loans. Participates will be required to attend three financial coaching sessions to review budgets, increase savings, increase credit score and decrease debt.
Ask your TANF Specialist for more information!
Counseling Services Available
Anna Tekippe CWEE’s mental health clinician, can provide direct support or connect you with community resources.
- Call Anna at 303-489-0071 or email her at email@example.com.
- To speak with a counselor immediately at any time, call Colorado Crisis Services at 1-844-493-8255.
CWEE Is Accepting Referrals
Do you know someone who lives in Denver County that could benefit from CWEE’s employment training program? We want to hear from you!
- Participants do not need to be receiving TANF to enroll in our program
- Please share this link from CWEE’s website with your family and friends interested in skill building, education and employment
- People can also contact Joe at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303.892.8444 x 334.
Amazon Prime for $5.99
- If you have an EBT or Medicaid card you could qualify for this discounted service.
- Click here to register.
Need More Support?
- You can always contact your case manager.
- For resources for food, rent assistance, clothing, and more click here.
- You can also call 2-1-1 at any time to talk to someone who can connect you to more resources.
CWEE Contact Information
Click here for a full list of contacts at CWEE, phone numbers, and email addresses.
Denver Parks & Recreation Strategic Acquisition Plan Survey
Denver Parks and Recreation wants to hear from community members on where the city should focus growing Denver’s parks system. Please share your feedback by completing the survey:
Art Students League of Denver – Scholarships for Kids 6-17
Scholarships are available to youth artists who have a strong desire to learn but do not have the financial means to pay course tuition.
Scholarships are based on demonstrated financial need and include a membership to Art Students League of Denver.
Free Activities for Kids in Denver
Find a great list of free activities for kids of all ages — and their families — in Denver and surrounding areas.
Expecting a Tax Refund? Donate It!
If you are expecting a state tax refund, you can donate all or part of it to a nonprofit organization like CWEE.
To give a gift to CWEE, you only need our unique registration number: 20023003069. Learn more here.
Give While You Shop
King Soopers and Amazon both donate money to nonprofits, like CWEE, by contributing a portion of their customer’s purchases. All you need to do is register your account and identify CWEE as the nonprofit you want to receive these funds and continue with your regular shopping.
- Go to kingsoopers.com/communityrewards
- Create an online account with your rewards card information
- Link us, Center for Work Education and Employment, as the charity you are supporting – or find us using our unique code: IM369
- Continue to shop at King Soopers with your rewards card, and a portion of your transactions will come to CWEE!
Amazon (Amazon Smile)