Welcome to CWEE’s weekly update for program participants for the week of February 8, 2021.
CWEE will continue to operate virtually until further notice.
You can find a detailed list of community resources in our Career Seeker portal.
Need Help Paying a Past Due Gas/Electric/Energy Bill?
- Energy Outreach Colorado has funds of up to $1,000 per household available to help you pay past due gas, energy, and/or electric bills.
- These funds are only available until April, so do not wait!
- Contact your Career Advisor TODAY to get connected with Energy Outreach Colorado!
Covid-19 Vaccine Information
- Find out where you can get vaccinated in Colorado
- Click here for frequently asked questions about the vaccine
- This information from Kaiser Permanente (KP) is for both KP members AND non-members. In other words, you do not have to be insured by KP to sign up for a Covid vaccine.
Free Tax Prep
You could qualify for free tax preparation services through Tax Help Colorado. Click here to learn more.
Save Time with the Colorado Peak App
Have you experienced long wait times when calling the county? Download the app to complete redetermination, view EBT balance, update contact information, submit paystubs, and more!
Free Financial Coaching
Interested in learning about and improving your credit score, getting out of debt, building a budget or saving for a car or a home? If so, ask your TANF Specialist about a referral to the Office of Financial Empowerment & Protection (OFEP).
Are you stuck in a high interest payday loan?
Denver’s Office of Financial Empowerment and Protection (OFEP) provides access to small personal grants to move you from predatory loans to full banking services.
The “Financial Empowerment with Personal Access to Capital” program will provide grants of up to $1,500 to be used for paying off high interest predatory loans. Participates will be required to attend three financial coaching sessions to review budgets, increase savings, increase credit score and decrease debt.
Ask your TANF Specialist for more information!
Counseling Services Available
Anna Tekippe CWEE’s mental health clinician, can provide direct support or connect you with community resources.
- Call Anna at 303-489-0071 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To speak with a counselor immediately at any time, call Colorado Crisis Services at 1-844-493-8255.
CWEE Is Accepting Referrals
Do you know someone who lives in Denver County that could benefit from CWEE’s employment training program? We want to hear from you!
- Participants do not need to be receiving TANF to enroll in our program
- Please share this link from CWEE’s website with your family and friends interested in skill building, education and employment
- People can also contact Joe at email@example.com or 303.892.8444 x 334.
Amazon Prime for $5.99
- If you have an EBT or Medicaid card you could qualify for this discounted service.
- Click here to register.
Need More Support?
- You can always contact your case manager.
- For resources for food, rent assistance, clothing, and more click here.
- You can also call 2-1-1 at any time to talk to someone who can connect you to more resources.
CWEE Contact Information
Career Advisor or TANF Specialist Information
Brandi Singleton, Manager of Integrated Services
303.892.8444 ext. 312
Anna Tekippe, Clinician
CWEE Basics, Career Essentials or other Virtual Programming
Sue Huffer, Virtual Program Supervisor
Community Programs or Employment Services
Joe Scancarello, Manager of Employment Services
303.892.8444 ext. 334
Other Questions or Concerns
Shelly Wilbanks, Program Coordinator
Free Activities for Kids in Denver
Find a great list of free activities for kids of all ages — and their families — in Denver and surrounding areas.
King Soopers and Amazon both donate money to nonprofits, like CWEE, by contributing a portion of their customer’s purchases. All you need to do is register your account and identify CWEE as the nonprofit you want to receive these funds and continue with your regular shopping.
- Go to kingsoopers.com/communityrewards
- Create an online account with your rewards card information
- Link us, Center for Work Education and Employment, as the charity you are supporting – or find us using our unique code: IM369
- Continue to shop at King Soopers with your rewards card, and a portion of your transactions will come to CWEE!
Amazon (Amazon Smile)