Welcome to CWEE’s weekly update for program participants for the week of January 18, 2021.
CWEE will continue to operate virtually until further notice.
You can find a detailed list of community resources in our Career Seeker portal.
Questions about CWEE? Here’s Who to Contact
Career Advisor or TANF Specialist Information
Brandi Singleton, Manager of Integrated Services
303.892.8444 ext. 312
Anna Tekippe, Clinician
CWEE Basics, Career Essentials or other Virtual Programming
Sue Huffer, Virtual Program Supervisor
Community Programs or Employment Services
Joe Scancarello, Manager of Employment Services
303.892.8444 ext. 334
Other Questions or Concerns
Shelly Wilbanks, Program Coordinator
CWEE Online Instruction
- CWEE’s classes are online now! Our online instruction is flexible and designed to support you and your goals.
- For more information, please contact CWEE’s Virtual Programs Supervisor, Sue Huffer, at email@example.com or 303.892.8444 x 308.
CWEE Is Accepting Referrals
Do you know someone who lives in Denver County that could benefit from CWEE’s employment training program? We want to hear from you!
- Participants do not need to be receiving TANF to enroll in our program
- Please share this link from CWEE’s website with your family and friends interested in skill building, education and employment
- People can also contact Joe at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303.892.8444 x 334.
Survey: Home Visiting Task Force
The Home Visiting Task Force is conducting a survey to parents and caregivers with the goal of making home visiting services even better in Colorado. The survey is available in both English and Spanish.
Free Activities for Kids in Denver
Find a great list of free activities for kids of all ages — and their families — in Denver and surrounding areas.
King Soopers and Amazon both donate money to nonprofits, like CWEE, by contributing a portion of their customer’s purchases. All you need to do is register your account and identify CWEE as the nonprofit you want to receive these funds and continue with your regular shopping.
- Go to kingsoopers.com/communityrewards
- Create an online account with your rewards card information
- Link us, Center for Work Education and Employment, as the charity you are supporting – or find us using our unique code: IM369
- Continue to shop at King Soopers with your rewards card, and a portion of your transactions will come to CWEE!
Amazon (Amazon Smile)
- Go to smile.amazon.com
- Link us, Center for Work Education and Employment, as the charity you are supporting
- Continue to shop at smile.amazon.com and a portion of the proceeds will come to CWEE!
Covid-19 Vaccine Information
This information from Kaiser Permanente (KP) is for both KP members AND non-members. In other words, you do not have to be insured by KP to sign up for a Covid vaccine.
Tax Help Colorado
You could qualify for free tax preparation services through Tax Help Colorado. Click here to learn more.
Download the Colorado Peak Mobile app!
Have you experienced long wait times when calling the county? Download the app to complete redetermination, view EBT balance, update contact information, submit paystubs, and more!
Coloradans who Received Unemployment During the Pandemic are Eligible for $375
- People eligible to receive the payment do not need to take action, according to the state.
- Colorado Dept. of Labor and Employment will directly contact anyone who is eligible for the one-time payment.
- Claimants will receive the payment through ReliaCard or their bank account.
- Claimants are encouraged to log in to their benefits account to make sure their address is up to date.
- Find out more here.
Amazon Prime for $5.99
- If you have an EBT or Medicaid card you could qualify for this discounted service.
- Click here to register.
Free Financial Coaching
Interested in learning about and improving your credit score, getting out of debt, building a budget or saving for a car or a home? If so, ask your TANF Specialist about a referral to the Office of Financial Empowerment & Protection (OFEP).
Are you stuck in a high interest payday or small installment loan?
Denver’s Office of Financial Empowerment and Protection is expanding coaching services to clients affected by the economic impact of COVID 19 by providing access to small personal grants to move you from predatory loans to full banking services.
The “Financial Empowerment with Personal Access to Capital” program will provide grants of up to $1,500 to be used for paying off high interest predatory loans. Participates will be required to attend three financial coaching sessions to review budgets, increase savings, increase credit score and decrease debt. Ask your TANF Specialist for more information!
Counseling services are available through CWEE
Anna, CWEE’s Clinician, can provide direct support or connect you with community resources.
- Call Anna at 303-489-0071 or email her at email@example.com.
- To speak with a counselor immediately at any time, call Colorado Crisis Services at 1-844-493-8255.
Are you in need of other resources or information?
- You can always contact your case manager.
- For resources for food, rent assistance, clothing, and more click here.
- You can also call 2-1-1 at any time to talk to someone who can connect you to more resources.