Welcome to CWEE’s weekly update for program participants for the week ending Aug. 28, 2020.
CWEE is CLOSED this week, Sept. 7-11.
CWEE will continue to operate virtually/remotely through at least October 16.
CWEE Closed This Week
We have all been working hard over the last five months and this break is in support of the well-being of CWEE’s staff.
- If you are in need of resources during this time, please contact our partners at Mile High United Way’s 2-1-1.
- If you are experiencing a mental health or other emergency call 911. For additional mental health support please contact the Colorado Crisis Services 24/7 hotline at 1-844-493-8255.
Not Sure Who Your Case Manager Is?
Please contact CWEE’s Manager of Integrated Services, Brandi at email@example.com or by phone at 303.892.8444 ext. 312.
CWEE Online Classes
- CWEE’s classes are online now! Our online instruction is flexible and designed to support you and your goals.
- For more information, please contact CWEE’s Virtual Programs Supervisor, Sue Huffer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303.892.8444 x 308.
Congratulations are in order!! CWEE is excited to celebrate our CWEE Career Basics Completers!
- Daynesha Barnes
- Ajanae Bunch
- Sarah Medina
- Marie Myers
- Marissa Vinson
Job well done!
CWEE Is Accepting Referrals
Do you know someone who lives in Denver County that could benefit from CWEE’s employment training program? We want to hear from you!
- Participants do not need to be receiving TANF to enroll in our program
- Please share CWEE’s website (www.cwee.org) with your family and friends interested in skill building, education and employment
- People can also contact Joe at email@example.com or 303.892.8444 x 334
Register to Vote!
- Colorado Offers Online Voter Registration, click here to get started.
- You will need a Colorado driver’s license or ID card to use Colorado’s online voter registration system. If you don’t have a Colorado-issued ID, you can still register by mail to vote.
- You can register online to vote until Monday, October 26, 2020. If you miss this deadline, you will not receive a ballot by mail, but you can still vote in person at a voter service and polling center.
- Not sure if you are registered? Click here to check your registration status.
King Soopers and Amazon both donate money to nonprofits, like CWEE, by contributing a portion of their customer’s purchases. All you need to do is register your account and identify CWEE as the nonprofit you want to receive these funds and continue with your regular shopping.
- Go to kingsoopers.com/communityrewards
- Create an online account with your rewards card information
- Link us, Center for Work Education and Employment, as the charity you are supporting – or find us using our unique code: IM369
- Continue to shop at King Soopers with your rewards card, and a portion of your transactions will come to CWEE!
Amazon (Amazon Smile)
- Go to smile.amazon.com
- Link us, Center for Work Education and Employment, as the charity you are supporting
- Continue to shop at smile.amazon.com and a portion of the proceeds will come to CWEE!
Denver Housing Authority – Section 8
- The Housing Authority of the City and County of Denver (DHA) is opening it’s 2021 Housing Choice Voucher/Section 8 Lottery.
- On-line entries (ONLY) will be accepted beginning on Thursday, September 17, 2020 (beginning at 12:01 a.m.) through Friday, September 18, 2020 (ending at 11:59 p.m.)
- Contact your case manager for more information.
ALERT: Unsecured Website Similar to Colorado PEAK Is Potential Scam
- The site is using the Colorado Peak name and running ads for “Food Stamps” and other assistance programs
- REMINDER: You never have to pay to apply for food assistance or to have your questions answered.
- Never give you PIN over the phone
Amazon Prime for $5.99
- If you have an EBT or Medicaid card you could qualify for this discounted service.
- Click here to register.
Free Financial Coaching
Interested in learning about and improving your credit score, getting out of debt, building a budget or saving for a car or a home? Contact CWEE’s New Financial coach, Mariette Candelon!
Mariette Candelon, AFC® I Personal Finance Coach
Office of Financial Empowerment & Protection
City and County of Denver
ph: 720-483-2805 | Mariette.Candelon@denvergov.org
Counseling services are available through CWEE
Anna, CWEE’s Clinician, can provide direct support or connect you with community resources.
- Call Anna at 303-489-0071 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To speak with a counselor immediately at any time, call Colorado Crisis Services at 1-844-493-8255.
Are you in need of other resources or information?
- You can always contact your case manager.
- For resources for food, rent assistance, clothing, and more click here.
- You can also call 2-1-1 at any time to talk to someone who can connect you to more resources.